Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chapter 5: Remembrance


What I started was a remembrance journal. A notebook where I could place my thoughts as I had them. Then, I started to write down everything that I heard.Simple right? Not as easy as one might think. It was an experience that I am grateful for and one that has taught me so much. I didn't so much want to write what I saw with my physical eyes- but what I saw a felt through my heart. You must,however, realize that my heart had a hole in it and was afraid to feel or to look at things. So, it was also I who must be willing to open myself up and Trust. I wrote down everything that I saw or heard.Then, I realized just how much we take for granted. A couple of examples might be---

*The sound of the soul mates wings as they fly overhead.
*Freedom
*How a ripple starts off small and then seems to expand out through eternity
*Trickle of water
*The sweet smell of the Earth

I could go on forever with my list, but these were just a few examples of the hundreds I now have.
The journal would be something that I would be able to always hold on to. It would help me to get a better understanding of all the beauty that surrounded me yet I took for granted. In learning about nature and reconnecting with the Great Spirit I found a greater sense of Self. Through the journal anytime I felt alone I would read it and the thoughts I had would instantly take me back to that moment in time that I wrote my feelings.It was also a major help because when I wanted to write I would have a reference to go back and look at.
I was hoping that through my journal I would be able to flip back through it and give the reader a more descriptive picture of how things were.
So, it is through my remembrance journal I shall now be able to guide you through my life experiences and lessons. What I saw through the my heart, geese, hawk, and every living being from the tiniest bug to the never ending sky.
Are you ready for our journey to begin? If so let us not waste one more moment. Turn the page and let the fun begin.

No comments: