Friday, March 13, 2009

Chapter 10: Sacred Fire- Burn Brightly

CHAPTER 10: SACRED FIRE- BURN BRIGHTLY
Many times that I sat up by the big pond I would build a small fire and light incense as well. It was my hope that through the smoke of the fire and incense my prayers would be carried to the realm of my ancestors. I asked for guidance and the answers I was longing to know. The place where I built my fire by the pond was very sacred, for it was in the center of my medicine wheel I created. The birds weren't quite sure what to make of it at first,but after a while it was as if they came to to join me and needed it as much as I did.I don't know what exactly I was expecting at first, but it was within my sacred space I knew the answers I longed for were surrounding me and Mother Earth was calling.
As I sat by the pond that hot day with my little fire going, neither the heat from the day or the fire bothered me. I would lie back on the ground and watch the smoke drift carelessly and freely up to the sky. As, I watched it slowly disappear I would often wonder what was watching me from up above. My hawk became a frequent visitor as I waited by the pond for it everyday for a sign or just to hear it's voice utter, "sister I am indeed present here with you." I would talk to my messenger as it would circle over the pond, the fire and lil ol me. I would often stand up and outstretch my arms as if to become one with the hawk, closing my eyes we would soar on the winds of peace and freedom. At times I could hear his strong voice ring out in Truth, " Not long beloved sister and you to shall fly." As I would sit and gaze lovingly up at the sky I often found it hard to keep my composure. Most of the time when tears came to my eyes I would hide them, but at the pond I would welcome them as a release. Realizing I was stepping into a new dimension and one that could be a bit scary at times, I knew that it would aide me on my Earth Walk.
The Sacred Fire is something that has really helped me, no matter what the season, there is nothing like the sound, smell or sight of a fire letting it's inner light shine. With each fire an old part of my life would burn up to make way for new life. The lesson of the fire for me was how each day you can start anew- rebirth in the never ending cycle of life and truth.
Not only does the Sacred Fire burn without but also within your heart and soul.The fire in my heart is one of Love, Peace, Hope, Faith, Understanding, Compassion and above all to keep an Open Heart. To keep an open mind is one thing but to open up our heart is where your strength lies.
Where is your Sacred Fire located in your life my friend? Go within my brothers and sisters and feel it burn brightly. If you are able to do one small thing for me I ask you this: Go outside and breathe. Let the life from without nurture you within. Feel your Sacred Fire, Go to it- and let it encompass you. Take the light you feel and pass it on to others.We can all use a little light in our lives.
Now Go : Let your Inner Flame burn brightly...






No comments: