Thursday, October 23, 2008

Chapter 3: Making The Connection


See this was where my life was changing although I hadn't completely put it together yet. I wrote A Brothers Love and set it aside, and didn't realize things until months later. The hawk is a major player in my book. It has come to me many times during my dreams as well as on my walks to the pond and through the woods. Later on I will share more of my stories and lessons the hawk has taught me. The hawk is symbolic to me- I realize many who read this might say, " Okay you think the hawk is your brother." As strange as that may sound, I believe it is a sign from my brother. It is your choice to view it in whatever way makes you feel comfortable. I believe my brother knew the way to get through to me was by using something that would catch my attention, and something that would always be near to me, and inspire me.
Many days I would sit on the couch and watch the hawk fly effortlessly and free on the hidden air currents. I'd sleep at night and watch him and others swoop into my dreams with a message. Then during waking hours I would walk around and mimic them. In mimicking them I mean trying to view things from a higher perspective.Then one night I had another feeling come to me so I began to write. April 4, 1999


Making The Connection:


Tonight as I was walking outside I felt something beautiful rush over me. I looked up at the big dark sky that seemed to engulf me.I noticed the full moon trying to spread it's light over the trees and lawn. It's almost like for a moment in time, I was playing hide and seek with the moon. It kept trying to come out from behind the clouds that were keeping it from shining it's light down over everything. Then, I felt the urge come over me to hold out my arms as if I were getting ready to take flight. Closing my eyes I slowly began to spin in a circle. I listened to the wind blowing in the trees, and the peepers were singing there joyous song of spring. It was then at that very moment I realized that I was being Molly. Looking up once again to the stars I thanked the Cosmic for placing a little speck like me here on the Earth. Then I thanked him for the gift of sight and being able to hear natures music. As I sat down I realized for the first time in months I was me. I didn't put on any fake fronts or smiles, I was me the little 'ole country bumpkin that I am.

A few days ago I went up to our pond. Sitting on a rock we have there I closed my eyes. I heard every sound of the tree branches in the wind, the leaf blowing over the snow sounded so loud. Then the words, " Listen With Your Heart You Will Understand." came to me. As always I had my arms outstretched to my beautiful surroundings. As I stood up to leave I began to cry. I walked over to the nearest tree and hugged it. I thanked it for what it did in the circle of life and what it did for me. I continued on my path and turned around one more time to look at everything before the pond would disappear behind the trees, and once again the tears started flowing. An overwhelming feeling flooded me and I walked over to yet another tree and asked it to give me strength, and I honestly felt 100% better.

Today as I was walking I went over to another tree and hugged it and the same words, "Listen With Your Heart You Will Understand." echoed through my being. Then it dawned on me why I hugged the tree, it's solid, it stands for life, and it is in touch with it's roots.

So, tonight as I looked up at the sky and thought about the past few days, it came to me. I was listening with my heart and I understood. I too stood solid as I gazed up at the moon, and was in touch with my inner being.At that moment in time I realized that I couldn't have been any happier because I had made the connection.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

The pictures you use at the top of each chapter are gorgeous. You are very descriptive in your writing. I am hooked so far.